Wednesday , 20 September 2017
Home » Canada » Eighteen employees taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Scarborough restaurant
Eighteen employees taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Scarborough restaurant
Eighteen employees taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Scarborough restaurant

Eighteen employees taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Scarborough restaurant

The call above saw as many as 18 people taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning on Wednesday.

Emergency crews were called to the Mandarin Restaurant, a popular buffet at Eglinton Avenue East and Birchmount Road, around 3 p.m., after reports of someone having difficulty breathing. Toronto fire says there were high readings of the deadly odourless gas toward the back of the restaurant.

Acting platoon chief Colin Giffin says a number of staff members suffered low-level carbon monoxide poisoning. Paramedics said Thursday that all 18 people were Mandarin employees, not customers.

The restaurant and neighbouring businesses were evacuated. The gas company and a special safety investigator were also called to the scene, and checked out the building’s ventilation system.

The Ministry of Health has been notified of the case, Toronto Fire said.

Agencies/Canadajournal




  • About News

    Web articles – via partners/network co-ordinators. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of ANGA Media Corporation . We appreciate your feedback and respond to every request. Please fill in the form or send us email to: [email protected]

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    *