Four people, including two kids, have been found dead in a home near Ashcroft.
The BC Coroners Service suspects carbon monoxide gas is to blame and has ruled out foul play.
Carbon monoxide is an odourless and tasteless gas produced during the burning of any fossil fuel. A carbon monoxide detector is a reliable method of early detection of carbon monoxide gas, the coroner service said. Anyone who suspects they have been exposed to carbon monoxide gas should seek urgent medical assistance.
On Friday afternoon, March 24th, 2017, the Ashcroft RCMP Detachment was called for a wellbeing check at a residence in Venables Valley, near Ashcroft.
When they got to the property, officers found four dead bodies inside the home.
The Southeast District Major Crimes Unit (MCU) was called out and is now assisting the Ashcroft Detachment with the investigation.
According to their preliminary findings, investigators believe that there is no threat posed to the general public.
The Ashcroft RCMP and Southeast District MCU are working in conjunction with the BC Coroner’s Service. The Ashcroft Victim Assistance workers are also assisting in this matter.
No further information on the individuals is being released at this time.