Friday , 9 June 2017
Home » Health » US Girl Temporarily Paralyzed After Undetected Tick Bite (Video)
US Girl Temporarily Paralyzed After Undetected Tick Bite (Video)
US Girl Temporarily Paralyzed After Undetected Tick Bite (Video)

US Girl Temporarily Paralyzed After Undetected Tick Bite (Video)

A couple in Oregon recorded the terrifying moments after their daughter experienced partial paralysis from a tick bite.

According to a Facebook post, they rushed her to the hospital where they quickly learned the cause of her illness was an American Dog Tick latched onto the girl’s head.

Her parents never even knew it was there.

Experts said tick paralysis can occur within five of seven days of the tick being attached.

The illness can cause paralysis of the arms and legs, even death if the paralysis progresses to the respiratory system.

How to Prevent Tick Bites:

Here are some easy steps we can all take to protect ourselves from being bitten by ticks and still enjoy time outdoors:

1) Avoid Ticks

  • When outdoors, walk in the center of trails and avoid wooded areas

2) Repel Ticks

  • Use 20-30% DEET on skin/clothing
  • Treat clothing/gear with permethrin

3) Remove Ticks

  • Bathe or shower within 2 hours after spending time outside in tick prone areas
  • Conduct a full body tick check using a mirror
  • Inspect pets and gear for ticks
  • Put your clothes in the dryer on high heat for 10 minutes to kill ticks on clothing

Agencies/Canadajournal




  • About News

    Web articles – via partners/network co-ordinators. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of ANGA Media Corporation . We appreciate your feedback and respond to every request. Please fill in the form or send us email to: [email protected]

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    *