Carrie cooked up Ooey Gooey bars for Neil Patrick Harris. Since she made such huge batch, she sent him home with a bag of extras (mostly the edges, since those are his favorite).
Mariana said that after her shoot was finished, Blair Underwood, his mom, and the rest of their family all sat down to eat the casserole that she prepared. They told her: “It was so good you just put your foot in it.” That’s as good as it gets!
Nonstick spray, for pan
•1 box pound-cake mix (16 oz.)
•1/2 cup butter, softened
•8 oz. cream cheese, softened
•3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
•1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1.Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan; set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter, and 2 eggs. Mix until smooth.
4. Spread mixture evenly in pan.
5. In a medium bowl combine 2 1/2 cups sugar, 2 eggs, and cream cheese. Mix until smooth.
6. Carefully spread cream-cheese mixture evenly over first layer and sprinkle with pecans.
7. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
8. Dust with remaining sugar and cut into 2″ squares.